BURN has the greatest fans in the world. Part of every movie ticket you've purchased, every DVD, Blu-ray, poster and T-shirt — went toward new equipment for Detroit firefighters. Thanks to you, more than $310,000 of much-needed new equipment:
April 2012: Momentous Insurance celebrated BURN's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City with a $25,000 donated to the DFD. The funds were used to purchase spare parts to repair broken departmental rigs.
May 2014: Directors Tom Putnam, Brenna Sanchez and Executive Producers Denis Leary and Jim Serpico traveled to Detroit to donate $260,000 worth of gear, including:
- 14 MSA Thermal Imaging Cameras + repair of all existing departmental imaging cameras, putting one TIC in each DFD engine
- 14 MSA Thermal Imaging Camera vehicle kits
- 35 MSA Altair Fire CO Gas Detectors, putting one on each engine with five as backups
- 16 MSA Instrument calibration kits, putting one with each battalion chief with 8 as backups
- $15,000 of high angle rescue gear including helmets, ropes, pulleys and harnesses from CMC Rescue and Kask America.
- High angle rescue training and class time from CMC.
- More than $10,000 in rope from New England Rope
These donated items are now in the field and directly improving the DFD's ability to answer calls, help the citizens of Detroit, and stay safe.
Again, thanks for your continued support.
Tom Putnam & Brenna Sanchez Directors/Producers, BURN